Friday, June 24, 2011

SPY Trade - 23 Jun 2011

I decided to have my virgin entry on SPDR S&P 500 (ETF) (AMEX)‎ aka SPY. I plan for day trade meaning by end of the day I would have close my position no matter what happen.


Why this trade? Based on today's DMA - http://shulouto.blogspot.com/2011/06/daily-market-analysis.html
Market direction for 23 Jun (Wed) - down

  1. Probably the New home Sales data will be probably bad base on 21 Jun existing home sales
  2. Drop in GDP and increase in unemployment rates
  3. Candle stick pattern short dusk / bearish engulfing (correction it should be shooting star pattern "man i need more practice on identifying the candlesticks pattern")
Plus Economic Data on Unemployment claims (up) and I think the new home sales will be bad too

8:30amUSD
Unemployment Claims
429K
414K
420K


10:00amUSD
New Home Sales
319K
311K
326K



Trading Plan
I was waiting for the market to open around 9:25pm and ding ding ding, market open and damn SPY gap down from $128.67 to $127.16 (-$1.51) Man couldn't take my entry as I m still paper trading and with the 20 minutes delayed quote, the option chain open only abt 15minutes later.

Profit Target : $0.40
Option price : $2.40
# of option contract : 10 "Due to my other position i can only afford to buy 6 contracts =\"
Stop Loss : $0.40




Bought the Jul 11 127 PUT option. Took half off the table when it hit $0.40 profit target and trail stop the remaining 3 contracts @ $0.20. (51 minutes)

Profit : $183
Commission : $35.4
Net Profit : $147.60

What's Scalping ? (From investopedia)
Scalping is a trading style specializing in taking profits on small price changes, generally soon after a trade has been entered and has become profitable. It requires a trader to have a strict exit strategy because one large loss could eliminate the many small gains that the trader has worked to obtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...