Tuesday, January 09, 2007

shivering

It was 0150hrs on Monday morning, as usual one of my late nights (was doing world of warcraft raids Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj aka AQ 20 GKP, it been a long time since my last raid). Went for a bio break and saw granny's room lighted.

As I stepped into the room, granny was shivering, speaking very softly to dad, her expression look pale and restless. Touched her forehead and felt feverish, she had been having on and off fever a few days ago. Next thing in my mind was to send her to hospital. But she refused. She told us that she took the medication just now and mumbling softly, "I can endure it till morning, it's troublesome to go hospital now"

Granny is a very independent lady, despite her age of 82, she still move on her own using walking frame, bath, eat etc Be it whatever matters, as long as she still has the capability to do it, she will do it on her own. She doesn't like to voice out for help (think she does not want to trouble us but no matter how many times we told her, call for us if you need anything, she still goes back to the same way). She has been bearing the pain agony on both her legs for the past decades and taking 10 over types of tablets every single day without complaining. She kept all the pain and sorrow to herself. Sometime back, when I got my graduation regalia and purpose a family photo shot. After countless attempts, manage to convince granny to go for the shot with us at a nearby photo shop. It was a happy event but ....... granny requested the photographer to take a solo picture of herself. I felt curious initially and got SHOCKED !!! guess what's the intention of that photo ? It's sad and heart hardening, its a funeral photo =\ arghhhh

Reality of life is cruel, sometimes in my thoughts, I will wonder, does that mean she does not have anything to look forward to anymore ? No more meaning in life ?

Continuing the from granny's room, I insisted on sending her to hospital, she was shivering so badly and somehow I felt that she's in pain from her expression and tone though she did not say it. True enough, during trip to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, I discovered more ...... she's been having on and off fever for past 5 days, having headaches, abdominal pain, very poor appetite, constipation for almost a week, stain of stale blood.

Did a quick registration and she was pushed into the A&E room. Oh for those who have not go through the whole process, do wait outside the A&E room and not the waiting corner outside the registration counter. (I waited at the waiting corner outside the registration counter and miss the page from the doctor, end up he rang my uncle house in the middle of the night - 0300hrs ++ well I did provide my mobile no. at the during the registration. Wonder why it was not reflected. )

The doctor collected some blood sample and urine for testing and sent granny for X-ray. Not sure what's the diagnosis outcome, got to check with the doctor tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. hey..dun get too worried k!yr grandma will be strong! dis yr 82 n more to come! :) cheer up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...