Monday, December 27, 2010

Speed reading

Problem : So much information to read every single day, from emails, SMS, message on whatsapp, facebook, books, newspaper, magazine, contract/agreement and the list goes on.

"I want to master the skill of speed reading, but i do not know how" like many others out there, I read word for word. ie the example i would read, I....want...to...master or if you think reading in your head is much faster (reference form web call it vocalization which is a subconscious habits we learn)

Imagine the amount of information you need to read every single day. For example, I take about 5 sec to read "I want to master the skill of speed reading, but i do not know how" imagine i m able to master speed reading and reduce the time taken to 2.5 sec which improve my speed of reading by 2 X ! that very powerful here's

why its important ? : ie if Sam used 2hrs each day on reading information (can be anywhere consolidated), with effective speed reading skills, he can read the same amount of information using only half the time which is 1hr.

1hrs a day
360hrs in a year ( that 15 days man!)

Now I have identified the problem and the reason why i want to solve, next ? find the solution

Here's my research
Day 1 (26 Dec 10)
http://www.mindtools.com/speedrd.html
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPOIZ6DGXWE


Sam's experience
Day 1 (26 Dec 10)
started applying some technique with a book that was place on my desk for a long long time.
1) use my sight to read instead of word for word sub vocalisation.
2) using the technique taught by this video, finger as a index to scroll through the text and reading "1,2,3,4"

I manage to try it on 3 pages and as the video says, i wasn't able to comprehend the information but definitely the speed of reading a page significantly reduce. Practice make perfect, i will continue to try and revise accordingly.

Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...