Monday, December 18, 2006

WoW honor farming

Been busy lately, doing PVP (Player VS Player) in World of Warcraft after new 2.01 patch has been released.

In the past, getting those stunning looking and superb attribute PVP armour & weapon seem nearly impossible for casual gamers. Why ? The requirements for the best armour & weapon is nearly insane! You need to be the highest rank - Grand Marshal for alliance and High warlord for Horde in order to make the purchase. To attain that rank, well, you need tones of honors per week and you need to keep your ranking at the top for consecutive 3 weeks in order to reach the highest rank.

With the new PVP system, those awesome armour and weapon are available for purchase using honor points earned. Each armour or weapon have a price tag and you can only purchase using the honor points you have earned.

Out of the 3 battlegrounds, 1) Alterac Valley 2) Arathi basin 3)Warsong
Both Arathi Basin and Warsong, give you very minimum honor point if not zero upon losing the game.
Only Alterac Valley will yield you the highest honor points gain regardless your fraction or victory.

Want to get your PVP armour & weapon in the easiest and the cheapest way(no engaging of farmer to grind on your account) ?
Tried of queueing for battleground ?
Want to spend time on other stuffs and get honor points simultaneously ?

Thus my Alterac Valley honor farming research begins.....

1) Initially I manage to make the process semi-automated, I had to manually queue for the battleground and autojoin the battleground using a addon, 'Asmo Honor Role' from curse-gaming.
a) After my character got into the game, I thought of two method to prevent my character of getting AFK out.
One : autorun into wall -> fail
Two : putting physical object on the 'forward' key of my keyboard -> fail

Well, there's actually a way to bypass the AFK mode after some observation with some try and errors.
2) How do I automate the whole process, auto queue > auto join > anti afk > auto queue again and repeat the cycle ?

You could use marco to automate the above process but there's a certain rules and exceptions that you need to add or aware in order for the whole cycle to repeat without fail to farm those Juicy honor!

Drop me a note if you wish to find out - How I automate the farming of honor in WoW.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sam. I'm interested in how you do the auto queue. I have no problem with the auto join and the anti afk parts. If you don't want to post the method here just email me: lucasglijanderATgmailDOTcom

    Thanks in advance,

    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need a marco program. Just do a search on google, you will find quite a number of them.

    I was using workspace marco pro in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sam. My name is adam and i've been going to school and with finals coming up, i dont have alot of play time for pvp, which i want to get my set for. If you could please send me that macro, that would be great, but i dont have the other parts like the anonymous commenter did before, if yo u have that too that would be awesome, let me know. xwhiteyx08@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can download quickmacro from here

    http://www.quickmacros.com/

    no crack required. just need to wait awhile before using. Use the mouse recording function much better than wasting hours writing the codes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...