Monday, October 02, 2006

Buddha Chanting

As usual on my way back after a schedule activity at data center. Upon boarding the cab, I told the driver my house address in mandrain Hougang Ave 8, "后港八巷" and he's reply, "which market are you going?there are so many market in hougang" I was like "???", maybe he doesn't understand chinese so I speak to him in English. Then he's reply, "oh hougang Interchange, which one ?". For a while, m I speaking alien language to you ? After repeating 3-4 times, he manage to get the destination.

During the trip back, as usual, cab driver would on their radio. But this uncle keep changing the radio channel for the first 3-6minutes of the journey. Finally he played he's own recording, a buddha chant, it was smoothing and relaxing. I close my eyes, imagine myself sitting on the beach in a mediation posture and facing the sea with the sea breeze blowing. Somehow it calms my mind for that period. For those looking for "stress release measures",why not try this method, get a buddha chanting CD and play it. According to the uncle, that chant is called "Da bei Chou".


Did a search on the web for buddha chant, this website "buddhanet.net" contains some free chanting downloads

Play Praise of the Lotus Pond

Play Great Compassion Mantra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...