Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dinner

"Hey are you gonna have dinner at home ?", question from my Dad. I replied "yes". Following that, " you cooking ?" from my dad. Arghhh I told me Dad straight, it's so troublesome to cook, you have to spend time slicing, washing, preparing, cooking, washing bla bla just go "ta bao" buy dinner from outside. Despite hearing that he insist on cooking at home, "those food outside, eat till sianz" and wanted to do it himself. Out of the no choice act, as he has been doing all the chores at home for the whole day and looking after mum and granny who just discharged today. I offered to cook the dinner for the family as it's been a long time (last dinner I prepared happened when I just came back from Australia)

Here's the preparation process, de-froze the food and washing.

Dad helping with the rice.

The end product.

Recipe:
[Golden crisp fillet]
-slice fish to strips
-marinated with salt
-prepare 1/4 bowl of corn flour mix with 1 teaspoon of sugar
-2 eggs

Steps:
-Prepare a pot for deep fry
-Pour enough oil and heat up.
-Dip the slice fillet in the flour
-follow by a fast dip in the mixed egg and put the coated fillet into the pot
-Fried till golden brown and serve

[Bacon broccoli]
-broccoli
-1 pack of strip Bacon

Steps:
-
wash and cut the broccoli into fish ball size
-wrapped the strip bacon on the cut broccoli
-arrange on plate and put into oven ( 200 Degree-Celsius for 20 minutes) and serve

[Mix Vegi]
-broccoli
-cabbages
-mince meat

Steps:
-marinate the mince meat with corn flour, soya sauce, pepper
-wash and cut the broccoli and cabbages
-pan fried the broccoli and cabbages for 2-3 minutes
-add in the mince meat and stirred fry
-mix a bowl of oyster sauce with half teaspoon of corn flour in cold water and pour it in
-mix the ingredients well and leave for it to heat up until the mince meat changes it's colour.

[Ikan Bilis Soup]
-one handful of Ikan Bilis
-cabbages
-1 egg

Steps:
-wash the Ikan Bilis and put them into a pot of boiling water
-Turn the gas down and let it steam for 10-15 minutes
-Add in the cabbages and boil with low gas for another 10-15minutes
-Before serve, mix the egg and pour in a circular direction into the pot.

5 comments:

  1. hey u really can cook sia! yr future wife damm xing fu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oversea students like us always tio arrow for cooking at home. How many of us find this familiar?

    Mom : You go oversea study, learn how to cook liao, should come home and cook for parents mah

    Me : I cook too much when I was oversea and since you took such a long break from cooking for me while I was away, now can cook for me liao. Haha!!

    Of cuz there is more practical reasons like food in SG is way cheaper than the $8 or more Aussie bucks for sucky food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lijin, well I only cooked once in a blue moon. I prefer to enjoy the fabulous dinner prepare by the love from my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. feathers, Yeah he does bring back my Aussie days. It was kinda of no choice with the high price of 6-8 Aussie buck per meal without drinks( I manage to find a fish and chip selling for 5 buck nett but eating that everyday will make ya sick.)

    If you take a calculator, avg of $7 aus X 2 meals(lunch and dinner) X 30 days X 1.3 conversion. It give you a total of 546 SGD per month JUST on food.

    After all said, I do enjoy the cooking time.

    After spending minutes thinking of what to cook - looking through what's in the freezer and cupboards. Next come the marinating, slicing and preparation. Cooking... Ta... Da!!! a nicely prepare meal. IF it taste good, it give you a sense of achievement. Right ? fellow chef?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...