Thursday, November 16, 2006

A day with Sis

There was this Hokkien food festival going on last weekend, How I got to know about it ? Met up with Sis on Sat and we were looking for place to makan. She got this cash tickets for the hokkien food festival happening at bas bazar. As we were heading there, I said, "the food better be nice!" Why? It was raining heavily and we had to walk from Bugis junction to bas bazar. Both our jeans got drench with the heavy downpour and strong wind even though it was a rather short distance.

I threw a question to her, "What are the list of hokkien food ?" As expected, "Hokkien mee". Well that what I thought so too as the name suggest =D.

When we arrived, there are about easily 20 stores selling various dialect group delicacy. BUT I cant find hokkien mee.

We had to move through the crowd and stepping into the flooded area due to the heavy downpour. Arghhh the feeling of wearing a WET sock!!!

She told me to look for seats while she ques =D wonderful to have a sis.

Got this minced pork "mian xian", pretty tasty, it would be better to have it in soup base.
After dishing out the first dish, her food hunting continues ......

After a few minutes, she would come back with something

There are a few more, some biscuits, "kong ba with kuey" ( there's this "kong ba bao" store but haiz.... we passed. Why ? The queue is AMAZING, we reached there around 1pm plus and till the time when we are about to go which was about 3pm, the length of the queue look similar to me! NO CHANGE!!)

Before we left the place, we went around the stores, there was this store selling tea leave. Promoting their house brand, "fuo shou shen", when he showed me the product and I saw the price tag!! guess how much it cost ? Well maybe I m not really into tea leaves, it cost $50 for a box (the size is slightly bigger than the Styrofoam cups)

Sis bought these for my family , one word "thoughtful"!
There were two store selling this, Sis bought it from the first store and we walked past the second store which have the sample in small chewing piece. I picked up one and tried, "hmm, it taste GOOD!" to the staff and follow with, "Great! I bought it" haha kinda bad ? =D
This sesame rolls feel chewy and tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...