Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SMS with 'tone'

.....Bearly lifting my eyelids to glance at my mobile (checking for miss calls or sms). Woo got an unread SMS. Wonder whose that ? The message read ... "Please send me the update list before 5PM today. If not just send me what you have and I will take over the list back" , BOOM!!! my mind woke up immediately. I senses explosive and bad mood surrounding my manager.

Thought of calling him to sort out the issue but I m rushing for the meeting and I should be able to see him in the meeting. Thus I waited till the meeting ends.

I tried to explained or rather (in another perception from me finding excuses). It was the delay on a few parties to get the information (delayed responses and out of office).
Another me,
1) why didn't you feedback when things isn't moving or in doubts?
2) If you have difficulties this how am I gonna entrust important assignment to you?
3) Well you could have call the parties involve 2-5 times to stress the urgency or feedback to their superior.

What my manager told me, "To put it bluntly, I dun care how you do it, you just get it complete." (I once came across this phase, "Don't tell me how hard you work, It's how much you done".) Dun worry for me, at point of time, he's tone was pretty cool.

To reflect on those words, it's pretty true right ? If you are the boss and you need to involve yourself to a extended level and keep giving details steps to the assignment, what's the need of having the subordinates?

Actually I prefer working with this manager compare with the previous one. So much I can learn from him, not trying to be apple polish,
1) he know he's stuff technically, business flow and networks
2) In the meeting, people will listen to him and his rapport with the Citibank folks are pretty good, eg tickling around Dare to do that to ya customer ?
3) He's working style (he once told us, everyone make mistakes but MAKE SURE when you make the mistake inform me. I will try to cover if not I will try to smoke through LOL. No chance to prove this point but somehow I believe he meant his words.)

Had lunch over at Long John Silvers, got this note in the change.




Wonder what's the value of this note.
While searching, check this interesting 'calculator' GUI website

If your surname is ONG, this banknote is the best representation of your first note. An extremely rare and unique piece. A great conversational piece with your friends and relatives.

Price : $8,000 USD


Number 000001


I remember my dad showing me the orchid series of Singapore notes, but this look older.



Had some interesting convesation with Vic and Colin over lunch, no idea how we landed on the Angbao money topic (CNY coming maybe, haha) Topic : "What's the biggest Ang Bao you have received ? Vic told me a few year big his Ang Bao money total can sum up to around 2k on good year and minimum 800-1k on not so good year. I was like OMG.... throughout my 24 years, think my highest grand total with my parents Big Ang Bao at most near to 500 and biggest from relative was 30+. Colin highest was a rich client of his mum, $50. Vic got $200 from uncle. What's the highest you got ? Calm ya mind and think carefully ............if more than 1k, does you uncle/auntie wants godson ? =D


Been busy writing my performance self-evaluation for the past few days. I was surprized by how I manage to sit there for hours just typing and typing. Amazing concentration level. Will the performance self-evaluation helps ? Guess it depends on how serious the management are treating it.

Just finished a few custom maps of warcraft 3 with Bud and KS, haha it's always interesting playing with friends you know. Those who play warcraft 3 custom maps drop me a note or you could join us at the hamachi network : network ID>>gmy73 | password>>123

Nitez folks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...